Every Monday morning I do this thing where I put every single thing I want to get done on my to-do list for the day and then feel like a total failure when I can’t do them. I recently realized that not only am I trying to do too much in too little time, I’m trying to fit everyday things in my work day. For some reason I have this obsession with trying to do everything before Blaine gets home at 5 including things like walking the dogs, cleaning the house, etc. and then I wonder why I only have 3 hours to do design work and have to work at night. Duh. People WORK for 8 hours (generally) then come home and cook, clean, grocery shop, etc.
I’m going to give weekly to-do lists a try rather than a huge daily to-do list that gets moved over and over each day when I don’t get to a task. And I’m only allowing 10 things on my list. Let’s go.
- Bake a loaf of bread
- Collect 10 items to sell (declutter!)
- Finish going through + tossing magazines (I rip out the pages I want to keep)
- Miss Tightwad blog: Two posts
- Life by Aileen blog: Three posts
- Install at least one design this week
- Email all former + current clients regarding referral offer through 2013
- Clean out roommates room + get a key made
- List all left over Kintage inventory on ebay
- Pull out Christmas decor + get decorating
Whats on your to do list this week?