October Goals + September Recap
Each month I like to share my goals. Last month I only shared blog and business goals due to my son taking up most of my time. But I think I'm ready to share some personal goals as well. I'll still keep my goals light since having an infant takes up about 90% of my time, but I think goals are important and motivating!
SEPTEMBER GOAL RECAP
- Consistent Posting. FAIL I have been posting, but I wouldn't call it consistent as in every Mon/Wed/Fri like I had been hoping to. But I'm finding a balance and need to figure out what works for me and for the blog.
- Brainstorm & Come Up with 3 Digital Products PASS You know, I did start brainstorming for a millisecond and actually came up with a list of more than 10 vague ideas. I need to narrow them down and get to work!
BLOG & BIZ
- Editorial Calendar I want to finish up my editorial calendar for October and stick to it. I tend to shift things around, which is totally fine in my book, but I want to get to a point where I don't skip posts all together because I didn't have a chance to write them. Planning ahead is key here!
- Get Started on Digital Product I want to choose one of the digital products I brainstormed in September and get started on it. I want to at least have an outline and to start the content creation process. Once I know what I'll be doing it'll be easier to make more specific goals.
- Get Two Weeks Ahead on Both Blogs Between this blog and my frugality blog, I tend to feel a little overwhelmed with keeping up with posting as much as I want to. The goal is to sit down and knock out a bunch of posts this month so that I can be ahead. I've put this on my goal list before and have failed. Fingers crossed I can get it done this time.
- Purge 50 items I'm still feeling overwhelmed with stuff. Even more so now that I have less time to clean. So I want to get rid of 50 more items in October!
- Pack Away Baby Clothes Somehow my son is growing so fast that he's already grown out of his preemie, newborn and almost out of his 0-3 month clothes. Right now the closet in our bedroom is chaotic and I want to pack away what doesn't fit anymore to get it a bit more organized.
- Get a Pedicure My thoughtful husband got me a gift certificate for a nail salon for my birthday in February that I still haven't used. I want to take some time to myself this month and finally put that gift certificate to use!
That's it and I think those goals are pretty ambitious on top of everything else I constantly have on my list. I think one of these days I might need to re-evaluate what my priorities are and cut down on some things for a while. The holidays are coming and I want to make sure I'm intentional with my time so I can spend it with my loved ones.
What are your goals for this month?