Goals // February Results + March Goals
Each time a new month rolls over, just like when a new year or a new week roll over, I feel a sense of freshness and want to kick off the new month with a bang. For a while I was sharing weekly goals, but I think I'm going to keep it simple and share monthly goals instead. Keeping focus on a few key goals each month helps me stay on course and feel accomplished at the end of the month. You know, as long as I actually achieve some of them. February was kind of a fail, but it was my fault for setting goals around something I couldn't really control. Lesson learned.
February Goal Results
- Get the house back in order. Nope! Roommate just moved out this past weekend so now the progress can begin!
- Paint our new bedroom & move in. No. See above. Haven't had time to do it in the last 24 hours since he left, but it's on the agenda for this week!
- Launch my Design Shop. I have a post scheduled to launch it this week!
- Work on turning this blog into more of a business. Definitely worked on it! I have a plan for March that not only includes my editorial calendar, but also social media plans and a few main focuses for the month.
- Taxes! This so did not happen. Since my old studio/office is still full of boxes I can't get to my filing cabinet or desk to gather what I need.
- Move into our new room and get it organized. Now that we have a room freed up we're good to go as far as moving in, settling into our new space and getting a little "nursery nook" set up for our little girl who will be here in just a few months!
- Plan baby shower. I know, I know. I'm not supposed to plan my own baby shower. But with my mom working two jobs and me being a semi-control freak, it's for the best. Technically she's hosting, I'm just doing all the work like picking a place, setting up food and DIYing decor. All of it is stuff I like to do anyway.
- Stick to editorial calendar. Since I have March all planned out the goal is to actually follow through and post each day I have a post scheduled. I tend to move things around and change posts here and there which is fine, but the main focus is blogging consistently.
- Get one week ahead in posts. I keep trying to do this and just can't seem to get myself there. This month I'm going to try my best to just get one week ahead in scheduling. It's really not that hard, it's just a matter of getting it done.
That's it for this month! Obviously those aren't the only things I plan to accomplish, but those are four goals I want to make sure I focus on crossing off the list this month.
What are your goals for March?