I hope you all are enjoying an amazing holiday with the ones you care about the most. We’re having family over today for Christmas and I’ll definitely be posting photos from last night soon. I was looking through some old photos from Christmas in our past, and here are just a few. One day I’ll raid the photos from the boxes in my parents garage, scan them and get my own prints to hang all over my house.
A fun little Christmas quiz (found here)
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, hands down. I discovered a little vanilla extract and cinnamon make it 10x more delicious. Try it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely wrap them. That’s half the fun!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I’m not picky about the tree lights, but the house lights MUST be those big colored bulbs. We’ve been using those since I was a kid and I refuse to switch to another kind.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever we have a chance. We’ve been working on decorating for the last couple of weeks.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don’t think I really have one. We always celebrate with my mom’s side of the family so it’s a lot of Filipino food. Not much traditional holiday food there. But all delicious. I’m a Vegetarian now, so I can’t eat 95% of it sadly.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? There are so many. I’m really lucky to have a great family.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t really remember. Sometime in elementary school I gave up on that.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually we have Christmas eve with the extended family and we open some of those gifts.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Randomly. This year I was a little more picky. We have white lights, some red and gold bulbs, some glitter gold deer, red burlap bows I made and a few random ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE.
12. Can you ice skate? It’s been a while, but I’m sure I could manage.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really, to be honest. I remember a lot of my gifts, but I don’t have an absolute favorite. Unless you count my engagement ring. Blaine proposed on Christmas eve.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family & Friends!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Everything.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending Christmas Eve with my moms whole extended family. We usually hang out until the wee hours of the morning and then go home and spend Christmas morning with our immediate families.
17. What tops your tree? This year, nothing. The top of our tree is about 1″ away from the ceiling. When we were cutting it down Blaine was convinced it’d be too short haha.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Both are great, but I really do love giving. I love shopping and finding gift for other people.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? I’m undecided. I eat them once in a while, but I can’t usually finish a whole one because peppermint is too intense for me.
20. Favorite Christmas show? The old school Christmas shows. Like Rudolph, etc. that they’ve been showing for decades.
21. Saddest Christmas song? Weird question… Not sure.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love so many. They all make me happy!
Leave a Reply