Happy (almost) Weekend! I’ve been learning illustrator and can I just express my hate for the pen tool? I swear, trying to learn calculus was easier, but I dropped that class. Twice. So there’s that. On the other hand, I’m definitely having fun expanding my skill set as a designer. I usually work(ed) in photoshop, but I know the possibilities are pretty much endless with illustrator. While playing around I created the desktop background above which was inspired by the beautiful weather lately. If you’re like me an need a reminder to slow down, unplug and get outside I’ve formatted it for several screen resolutions to share! Download it by clicking the resolution you need below:
Here are some of my favorite links as of lately…
- The more you know about something, the worse you become at communicating about it. So true.
- I really love black walls. They can be elegant if done right.
- Imposter syndrome. It’s real.
- All the spring cleaning links. Spring clean your health, work, home, diet, etc.
- The most WTF things people have seen at a friends house. Get ready to be horrified.
- I recently became obsessed with chia seeds. So many health benefits and I just plain like them!
- 15 common mistakes designers make
- Emma Stone vs Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle. Yes.
- Feeling stumped on what to blog about? 50 suggestions to get ideas flowing.
- This is amazing! Old New York crime photographs superimposed on their present day locations
- One of my favorite shows is coming back soon and I am counting down the days.
- Find me elsewhere: Monthly Goals for May @ Miss-E.biz